We are committed to protecting our visitors’ privacy and we will not collect any personal information about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily. Any personal information you communicate to us is kept by the Mediterranean Academy of Culture, Tourism and Trade (MACTT) it self in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2001.
The Data Protection Act 2001
The Data Protection Act 2001 has been enacted on the 14th December 2001 and came fully into force as from the 15th July 2003. We therefore have a legal duty to respect and protect any personal information we collect from you and we will abide by such duty. We take all safeguards necessary to prevent unauthorised access and we shall not pass on details collected from you as a visitor, to any third party or Government Department unless you give us your consent to do so and unless MACTT is compelled to do so by law. Further information on your data privacy rights are available and can be accessed from the web site http://www.mjha.gov.mt/home.html
As a visitor, we collect three types of information on you:
- Contact or feedback information;
- Online Shopping;
- Web page download information;
- Site usage information.
Contact or Feedback Information
When you fill the form on the “CONTACT US”, we use the personal information submitted in the form only to respond to your message. This personal information will not be kept longer than necessary and will be deleted once the feedback requirement is met.
MACTT is responsible to reply to the feedback form received. The feedback form should contain the following information:
– Name and Surname,
– Address and comments.
Failure to enter information relative to the above, will result in the form not being sent.
MACTT gathers the personal details of clients that pertain to the order processing and order collection/delivery. We keep the details safe and do not divulge them to third parties. New customers registering an account with MACTT will be automatically signed up to newsletters and promotional updates. Customers who do not wish to receive email shots from MACTT should unsubscribe from our mailing list as soon as they receive their first email shot.
The services organization and management of courses and short-course MACTT can be managed by a company in partnership. MACTT undertakes to comply with these partners with the rules detailed here.
Web page Download Information
If you read or download information from our web site, we automatically collect and store the following non-personal information through the services of Google Analytics:
– Your server address
– Your top-level domain name (e.g. .com, .net, .uk)
– The date and time you visited this site
– The pages of this site you accessed
– The documents you downloaded
– The previous site you visited
– The type of web browser you used
The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
Please note that this information is strictly for the sole use of MACTT. No such information will be released to third parties without your prior consent, unless MACTT is compelled to do by law.
Site Usage Information
MACTT creates “cookies” for each session when you visit our web portal. These cookies store information that is sent to your browser – along with a web page – when you access a web page. Your browser will return the cookie information only to the domain from where the cookie originated, i.e., MACTT and no other web site can request this information. When you return to the Visitmalta web portal, the cookie is sent back to the web server, along with your new request.
Links to other Web Sites
Third parties who have material and/or information on this web portal are responsible for ensuring that materials and information submitted directly or indirectly for inclusion on this web portal complies with relevant legislation. The MACTT web portal does not guarantee the accuracy of such material and information provided and shall not be responsible for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material or information, misrepresentation and any and all loss, negligence or damage caused by relying on the material and information provided in the web portal, any individual’s disappointment or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery or non-delivery of services provided therein. The truthfulness of the information and material provided as well as confirmation of the accuracy and currency of such should be sought directly from the operators or establishments concerned. Furthermore any complaints or loss or damage suffered by the user are to be dealt with directly with the operators or establishments concerned.
Access to your information
MACTT will retain the personal information that it holds on any person or organization until notice requiring removal of such information is given by such person or organisation, Any person or organization who has registered with this web portal, and who believes that we have gathered and stored personal information relating to them, may request, at any point in time, to view that information. Any inaccuracies in the information submitted may be corrected and where applicable erased, if deletion has not already taken place.
For the purposes of this Privacy Polices we define:
- “Supplier” or “Teacher” is the physical or legal entity which has signed an Engagement Letter or contract with MACTT Educational Group Ltd for the provision of service for training activities.
- “Project Manager” is who manages the training activities related to a specific project
- “Personal Data” the data, information and documents provided by the Supplier and/or his Project Manager to MACTT Educational Group Ltd
- each training course has a project manager who manages all the activities related to a specific training;
- MACTT Educational Group Ltd is in contact with the project manager to ask him all the information that it needs to manage the training activities, also regarding the trainers of the project
- MACTT Educational Group Ltd is
Whenever the Supplier or his/her Project Manager will provide its Personal Data to MACTT Educational Group Ltd, he agrees that this may collect, process, use Personal Data transmitted during administration, marketing and contractual obligations rendered to the Supplier.
1.3 INFORMATION COLLECTION
MACTT Educational Group Ltd collects the Personal Data of the Supplier through:
- Filling out online forms;
- Meeting in person, meeting, by mail, telephone, messages and Email
- Contract signed with MACTT Educational Group Ltd.
1.4 USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data provided by the Supplier and/or by his project manager will be processed by MACTT Educational Group Ltd and/or its Partners to provide all the activities related to training.
The processing of Personal Data will be carried out both manually and in a computerized manner. The provision of requested Personal Data will be mandatory for the following purposes:
- Compliance with KYC regulations, aimed at identifying the identity of the Supplier;
- Provision of the aforementioned services
Any refusal to provide the requested Personal Data could result in the failed to partial performance of the aforementioned services by MACTT Educational Group Ltd and/or its partner.
1.5 PERSONAL DATA TRASMISSION
MACTT Educational Group Ltd may use and/or transmit Personal Data received from Supplier and/or its Project Manager to third-party service providers that support it in the supply of products and/or services.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the activities that third-party service providers can perform:
- Verification of the Supplier’s identity or authenticity of identification documents
- Verification of information with public databases
- Carrying out of base checks, police checks, fraud prevention and risk assessment
- Execution of risk monitoring
- Development of the product/service, maintenance and launch
- IT Support and development services
- Management of cloud services, archiving or collocation
- Provision of audit and accounting services
- Provision of legal services, or other consulting activities
MACTT Educational Group Ltd will use the Personal Data provided by the Supplier and/or his Project Manager for the purpose of:
- Provide the services requested in the point 1.4;
- Provide, customize, measure and improve its advertising and marketing;
- Sharing of the information about Supplier’s CV, biography and Photo on the MACTT Educational Group Ltd website and social channels with the aim to promote the training activities online.
The Supplier or teacher can exercise one of the following rights:
- Right of access to all information and documents held by MACTT Educational Group Ltd
- Right to be informed
- Right of rectification
- Right of cancellation
- Right to limit processing
- Data portability right
- Right to object
- Right to request, if Personal Data have not been provided by the Customer or Potential Customer, the source of the Personal Data
- Right to have a copy of the data and documents in progress
- Right to request corrections/updates
It is possible to exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an e-mail from the e-mail address of the Supplier or Teacher registered for the service of MACTT Educational Group Ltd to the respective company that provides the service.
Please note that MACTT Educational Group Ltd may request the identity of the Supplier or Teacher before taking further action on his request. Upon receipt of his email, MACTT Educational Group Ltd will do its best to provide to the Supplier with the requested information and resolve his request within a reasonable time, without prejudice to all the obligations that MACTT Educational Group Ltd and/or its partner has under the applicable laws.